So, yesterday was a very good day for me. I spent some time with my mom and sister. We went out, had lunch and then had a bit of a shopping spree (my sister did, at least). But what accompanied all of this was a heightened sense of happiness. And that was because I have been nominated for a blogging award for the first time since I started blogging 2 months ago. Thank you so much, Tara, for giving me this appreciation and for strengthening my passion to continue blogging. Since this is my first award, it certainly does mean a lot to me and I have to say that it put me in an amazing mood that remained with me through the day.
I would certainly recommend all of you to check her blog out which is lovefromtara. It is an amazing blog and you should certainly follow her!
Now, coming to the rules of the “Versatile Blogger Award”, three rules have to be followed (in the form of a blog post) if someone nominates you for this award. The three rules are these:
1) Use a few words to thank and appreciate the kind gesture of the person who nominated you for this award (this is a rule I invented) and link them in this post (which I have done above).
2) Make a list of 15 bloggers whom you follow regularly or followed recently whom you would like to nominate for this award and list them in the form of links in this post.
3) Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I find these rules exciting, especially the last one. It is a great way to learn something about the people you follow or the people who follow you (and obviously the people who have nominated you for this award! :])
Coming to the 15 bloggers, I might not be able to nominate 15 people for this award since there aren’t so many whom I follow since I’m a relatively new blogger. I will, however, nominate those people whom I think are doing a wonderful job keeping their blog posts fresh and exciting. If I haven’t chosen specific bloggers, it is only because of the fact that they concentrate on specific kinds of posts. However, that does not mean that I do not appreciate you and believe me, I will find a suitable award for you (as soon as I figure out how you can nominate someone without having to receive the award first : P)!!
The bloggers whom I choose for this award are (and they are in no specific order):
Make sure you all visit their blogs and follow them since they’re all amazing!!
Now for the last rule. Writing 7 things about myself! Let’s see:
1) The first “fat” book I read was The Three Musketeers when I was around 11 and I do not specifically remember how thick the book or how small the font was. All I remember is that it was the thickest book I had ever read and I thoroughly enjoyed it which is probably why it is one of my favourite books!
2) I cannot watch horror movies and I despise them because they mess with my head and I cannot sleep without having conjured a horrific image in my head (which really doesn’t help me fall asleep). Takes me ages to get over it!
3) I think I have OCD when it comes to washing hands. If I know someone who doesn’t wash their hands after something which requires your hands to be washed, I will probably cringe when they touch me and I will probably not touch what they’ve touched unless it’s with a piece of tissue or until it has been washed (same goes with eatables). I think it’s a nuisance, to be honest, but I can’t really do anything about it, which proves to be an additional nuisance. Which is why I continue with this insanity and wash my hands, only if just with water, even if I put a slit of hair behind my ear while making something to eat or doing something in the kitchen.
4) I have 2 sisters, one who is older and one who is younger than I am. Both of them are two years apart from me.
5) I have been living in the same city since I was born and the only time I travelled out of the country was when I was 7 years old (16 years ago) which is why I don’t remember much…
6) …which is where my love for travelling comes from. Eager to discover/experience something new. I have been travelling to different places in my own country but I would love to go and discover different countries and cultures!
7) I collect all sorts of weird things and they include happy meal toys, perfume bottles, soda cans, things that come out of cereal boxes and bottles of fancy drinks. I used to collect stickers, pencils and erasers when I was younger (around 10 years ago) and I have no idea where all of that has gone. I even had a phase where I collected key chains and I probably would even now if I came across a good variety of them.
So there you have it! All three rules followed! If you come across this blog post, I really hope that you leave a comment and tell me at least one thing about yourself!
I was extremely excited about this post and I wanted it to be written when I wasn’t in a rush which is why it comes so late! Sorry, Tara!! Thanks again. And thanks for visiting, everyone! 🙂